Chennai, TN: FICCI Ladies Organization (FLO) is the women wing of the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (FICCI). FLO represents over 6800 women entrepreneurs and professionals. It promoting entrepreneurship and professional excellence among women through workshops, seminars, conferences, training and capacity building programmes etc. The objective is to encourage and facilitate women to showcase their talents, skills, experiences and energies across sectors and verticals of the economy, for a truly inclusive economic growth trajectory.
5-11-2019 ‘Face to Face’ event has been organized by FLO was held at Crown Plaza Hotel, Chennai with Chairperson Ms.Deepali Goyal. Ms.Harjinder Kaur from Delhi joins Chennai Chapter. FLO interacted with Tr.A.K.Viswanathan,IPS, Commissioner of Police, Greater Chennai Police, on the above topics under “CARE FOR COPS”. The idea was to create a platform to bridge the communication gap between civil society and the government for an improved redressal of issues and concerns.
The initiative is to have a holistic physical and emotional strength for each Police woman and to break myths and barriers between citizen and the Police to create a harmonious society. Under this banner the following have been created
• Training of Soft Skills to enhance their personal wellbeing and efficiency
• Individual Counselling for the Police women
• Creating Play areas in various Police Stations for the children who might accompany the complaints
• Skilling programme – Driving Skill for Amma Patrol for the Police Women
• Development Programme for the Slum – COPS initiative to empower the girls at the slum with need based skill training. With the support of Crime Against Women and Children headed by Deputy Commissioner of Police.
• Propagation of Kaavalan SOS App as a safety measure
FLO as of date has trained 214 policeman in Soft skills for personal and work enhancement. 11 AWPS – 71 Police women have benefited through individual counselling with 8 counsellors vetted by MSSW. FLO Chennai Chapter sincerely thanked the Greater Chennai Police Commissioner and his entire team for their trust and faith in helping them run the programme.