Guwahati: The State Level Police Recruitment Board Assam has announced Job notification to hire candidates who completed B.A, B.Com, B.Sc for the position of Platoon Commander.
The name of the recruiting company is State Level Police Recruitment Board. The name of the Post is Platoon Commander. There are 35 vacant posts. The salary package ranges from Rs.14, 000/- to Rs.49, 000/- per month. The job location is in Guwahati. The last date to apply is 5.6.2020.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for filling up of 35 existing vacancies in the rank of Platoon Commander under Directorate of Civil Defence and Home Guards in the pay scale of Rs.14000- 49000, Pay Band No. 2, in addition to Rs.8700 Grade pay plus other allowances as admissible under the rules. Applications must be submitted online through the SLPRB website www.slprbassam.in.
The Candidates must be Indian Citizens and an ordinarily resident of Assam.
The essential qualification required for the post is that the candidate must be a graduate in Arts, Science, Commerce or equivalent stream from a recognized College / Institution affiliated to a recognized University. The Other Qualification required is NCC ‘B’ Certificate OR Home Guards Training Certificate.
The age of the candidate should not be more than 38 years and less than 18 years of age as on 1st January 2020. Candidate must be born on or before 01-01-2002 and on or after 01-01-1982. There Will Be No Application Fee.
The address of the recruiting office is State Level Police Recruitment Board, Rehabar, Guwahati, Assam.
The selection procedure is as follows: 1. Candidates whose applications are found correct in all respects will be called for a written test. The date and venue for the written test will be intimated in due course of time. The Chairman reserves the right to change the venue of the test and no representation etc. will be entertained in this regard. Before entering the examination center, biometrics of each candidate will be done.
2. The written test will be of 100 marks and will be completely OMR based. There will be 100 questions and each question will be of 1 (one) mark. There will be negative marking of ½ mark for each wrong answer. The questions will be set in three parts (i) Logical reasoning, aptitude, comprehension (ii) Matters relating to History and Culture of Assam and India, and (iii) General Knowledge. Candidates will use a black or dark blue ball pen to answer the OMR based answer sheet. The duration of the test will be of 3 (three) hours.
3. Candidates numbering only 5 times the number of posts in respect of each category (Unreserved, OBC/MOBC, S.T. (P), S.T.(H) & EWS) both male & female will be called for PST (Physical Standard Test) and PET (Physical Efficiency Test) on merit basis. If there are candidates scoring the same marks in Written Test as the last candidate selected for the PST (Physical Standard Test) and PET (Physical Efficiency Test) by the 5 times formula in a particular case, the candidates scoring the same marks will also be called for the PST/PET, and therefore the number may exceed the 5 times to that extent for that particular case and category only. A list will be published in SLPRB website as well as in leading dailies of Assam
4. Testimonials / Documents to be submitted when appearing in PST / PET: The candidates should bring a set of attested photocopies along with the originals of the following documents for verification by the Selection Committee on the date of PST / PET. Candidates failing to bring the originals will not be considered for such qualifications as claimed by him/her and no further rectifications will be entertained after the test date. The date and venue for PST & PET will be intimated in due course of time. i. Certificate of proof of age. (Admit card of H.S.L.C. or equivalent examination) ii. Certificate of HSLC or equivalent examination. iii. Certificate of Graduation (BA / B.Sc / B.Com or equivalent) (pass certificate as well as mark sheet in original). iv. NCC ‘B’ Certificate OR Home Guard training Certificate. v. Certificate of additional qualification such as Degree / Diploma Certificate from recognized/accredited institute etc. (pass certificate as well as mark sheet in original) vi. Certificate of Sports / Games etc. (For which the candidate would be claiming weightage of marks). vii. Experience of service in Home Guards. viii. Certificate of Caste from the competent authority in respect of the candidates belonging to ST (P) / ST (H) / SC / OBC & MOBC. Ix.EWS Certificate from Competent Authority, if any. x. 2 (two) copies of photographs of the same passport size which was uploaded in the online application.
5. Physical Standard Teat: After the Call letter and the identity are found correct, the candidates will be asked to appear in the PST. The PST will carry no marks. Measurement of the height, weight, and chest (only for Males) of the candidates will be taken after which the candidate will be inspected by a medical officer for preliminary checkup like knocked knee, vision test, color blindness test, flat foot, varicose vein, physical deformities, etc. Varicose vein shall be considered a temporary disqualification. Once a candidate clears the PST, he/she will have to appear in the Physical Efficiency Test (PET).
6. Physical Efficiency Test: 40 Marks the Physical Efficiency Test will carry 40 marks. It will have 2 (two) events viz. a) 1600 meters race for male candidates and 800 meters race for female candidates.
7. a) Long Jump – for male 335 cm (minimum) and for female 244 cm (minimum). (3 chances to be given and the longest valid jump rounded off to the nearest cm will be considered for awarding marks). b) Male candidates: a) Race: Those who qualify in the PST will have to appear in 1600 meters race to be completed within 450 seconds. Maximum qualifying time 450 seconds. b) Long Jump: Minimum 335 cm for long jump (3 chances to be given and the longest valid jump rounded off to the nearest cm will be considered for awarding marks).
The Procedure to apply is as follows: Applications must be submitted online through the website- www.slprbassam.in. No other forms of application will be entertained. The candidates who are employees of Govt. / PSUs / Autonomous bodies must apply through proper channel or obtain necessary permission in writing from the Competent Authority / Employer and a copy of the same may be produced during scrutiny of documents on the date of PST / PET.