Ramagundam: At the behest of Ramagundam Commissioner of Police Mr. V. Satyanarayana IPS, Task Force CI Mr. Rajkumar, SI Mr. Sheikh Mastan and their staff had raided the base where poker was being played claiming that the persons were secretly playing poker at home at Kalwa Srirampur Zone Center (Vice MPP) in Periyapalli district.
While conducting the raid the police arrested 11 gamblers and some of the detained are public figures. The arrested persons were identified as
- Gundetti Srinivas son of Kanakaya, 45years, Odela.
- Horn Ashok son of Narayana 25years, Goureddi pet Petalpally
- Kottte Komurayya son of Rajaiah, 45years, Venkatapur Julapally.
- Some o Satya o, son of Pooches 43years, Kamanpur. (EX. Sarpanch Kamanpur)
- Lekidi Shravan Kumar son of Purushottam 30years, Hanuman Nagar Periyapalli.
- Marupaka Ramesh son of Rambraram. 46 years, Calva Srirampur
- Aarelli Lakshmaiah son of Ilyaiah, 45years, Vennampally
- Ketipalli Narasimha Reddy son of Mallareddy, age: 49 years, Srirampur.
- Chapter Ramachandra Reddy son of Ram Reddy, age: 49 years, Calva Srirampur. (Single Window Chairman Calva Srirampur)
- Carpal Rajaiah son of Ramaiah, 48years, Srirampur
- Jukanti Anil son of Poochas, 38years, Calvashreerampur (Vice MPP husband)
The Police seized Rs.1, 41,660 / – in cash, 11 phones, and playing cards from them and handed over to the Calvaryrampur Police Station for further inquiries.
The Ramagundam Task Force CI Mr. Rajkumar was involved in the raid along with, S I Mastan and their staff Mr. Ramesh, Mr. Chandra Shekhar, Mr. Prakash, Mr. Srinivas, Mr. Mallesh and Mr. Sunil also participated.
Our Citizen Reporter
B. Bharath Reddy