Ludhiana: The Ludhiana Police Commissioner Mr. Rakesh Agrawal IPS has given awareness regarding online payments. He said during the festival season Beware of heavy Discount scams! Fraudsters can steal your money! Beware of fake online shopping portals. He said these are the precautions that an individual needs to take before making online payments through websites.
- Make sure to check the Domain Name. Ensure the URL has HTTPS and not just HTTP and a lock icon and check the site’s spelling.
- Avoid direct payment to sellers, opt for a payment service like PAISAPAY in EBAY which ensures that the seller is not paid by the site till the product is delivered safeguarding your money.
- Go to buyer reviews and ratings for sellers to find out if they have a good reputation for delivery.
- Monitor your bank account and Credit Card statements.
- Never save Credit Card and Debit Card information online.
- Never make use of a Debit Card and Credit Card on a Public Computer.