Rachakonda: The Police Commemoration Day which used to be observed every year on 21st October is called Police Flag Day from this year onwards. In place of Police Commemoration week from 15th October to 21st October, commemorative events/activities have been organized from 21st October to 31st October 2020 which is National Unity Day (Birthday of Sardar Vallabhai Patel).
All the Police Flag Day week events have been observed in Rachakonda under the supervision of Mr. Mahesh Bhagwat IPS, Commissioner of Police, Rachakonda, and Mr. Sudheer Babu IPS, Addl.CP Rachakonda as per the guidelines issued by the DGP Office, Telangana. The following are the detailed commemorative activities taken up in Rachakonda Commissionerate as part of the observance of Police Flag Day:
- Visiting the families of the deceased Police Personnel.
- The family members of the Police Martyrs were invited to the Smriti Parade held at CAR Hqrs Amberpet on the flag day which is on 21st October.
- CP Rachakonda Mr. Mahesh Bhagwat IPS and Addl CP Rachakonda Mr. Sudheer Babu and other senior officers of the Commissionerate paid floral tribute to the Martyrs.
- Mr. Mahesh Bhagwat IPS CP and Mr. Sudheer Babu Addl CP reviewed the welfare of families of deceased personnel and noted their grievances for redressal. Accordingly, a letter was addressed to Collector Nalgonda to protect the land allotted to the family of Martyr Mr. Saidaiah Sub-Inspector of Police which the family stated is encroached.
- The aged mother of martyr Mr. V.Lingaiah HG-577 requested to provide a job to her daughter to take care of them. The CP obliged their request and assured her job on an outsourcing basis.
- Mrs. Ramadevi wife of Martyr Mr. Sailu PC 2519 and Mrs. Kamala wife of Martyr Mr. Rajeswar Rao PC 1864 requested to issue a plot or flat and CP addressed a letter to the Collector Rangareddy in this regard.
- Senior officers visited the houses of Police Martyrs and verified their welfare.
The Events that were organized for the Police Personnel are as follows:
Blood Donation camps have been organized in the Choutuppal division of Yadadri Bhongir zone Yadadri Bhongir, in Ghatkesar Police Station of Malkazgiri zone, and in CAR Amberpet. 1185 units of blood have been collected during the event. Felt Needs Program Police Station staff visited villages/colonies in their jurisdiction to identify and address the felt needs of the people. Essay Writing competitions were also held at all Police Stations and other police wings for all Policemen of all ranks in the Unit.
Our Citizen Reporter
B. Bharath Reddy