“Cybercrime has no borders”, Delhi Police Commissioner Mr. Rakesh Asthana IPS

Praveen Samuel
0 0
Read Time:1 Minute, 12 Second

Delhi: Delhi Police Commissioner Mr. Rakesh Asthana IPS on Wednesday said that cybercrime has no borders and a cyber-police station has been set up in every district to deal with online fraud cases.

Speaking at an event here, Mr. Rakesh Asthana said, “Cybercrime has no boundaries. A person sitting anywhere can deceive you and cyberspace is unlimited and criminals are using this cyber space for crimes such as drugs, illegal weapons, harassment of women and sexual harassment.”

“Previously, we used to have only one centralized area under the special cell called” Intelligence Fusion and Strategic Operations (IFSO)”. Now there is a cyber- police station in each district along with the general police station. The officers are well trained.  We are trying to improve, “said the city police chief.

He said that IFSO has the best cyber experts and they are using top class cyber technology. Mr. Rakesh Asthana said 70 to 75 per cent of crimes in Delhi are related to petty thefts, snatchings and other street crimes, while the remaining 25 per cent are murders, robberies and scams.

He said the merger of PCRs with police stations had reduced response time.  “We have attached PCR vans to police stations. More than 7,000 PCR personnel have been attached to police stations and now the response time has dropped from an average of 8 minutes to 3.5 minutes,” said Police Commissioner Mr. Rakesh Asthana.

Our Citizen Reporter,

Venkata T Reddy

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleppy
Sleppy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Next Post

CP Mr. Mahesh Bhagwat IPS encouraged aspiring youth

466 Rachakonda: On Friday, April 22, CP Mr. Mahesh M Bhagwat IPS has visited to CAR Headquarters Amberpet and supervised the scrutiny of verification of certificates and physical measurements of the aspirants who are qualified in the screening test conducted last Sunday, for the pre-recruitment training to the unemployed youth […]
Instagram did not return a 200.

Get News on Whatsapp

by send "Subscribe" to 7200024452
Bitnami